Assurance and Audit Analyst
Job no: 497100
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Retail Markets
- Melbourne CBD Based
- Opportunities for growth and progression
- Be part of a progressive and supportive culture
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025.
We are looking for an Assurance and Audit Analyst to join our Customer Operations team based in Melbourne. Reporting to the Assurance and Audit Manager, you will be assisting in the design and delivery of the Retail compliance assurance framework in line with organizational policies and regulatory standards. This role will also support and coordinate internal and external regulator audits, including the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) and Essential Services Commission (ESC)compliance audits.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the design of a Retail compliance assurance framework to ensure effective processes, procedures & controls are in place
- Proactively manage compliance risks & issues and work with stakeholders to develop & implement mitigation strategies & controls
- Take appropriate action according to results generated from compliance monitoring activities, with a view to facilitating compliance
- Provide meaningful reporting on assurance outcomes to key stakeholders
- Assist and support internal & external audits, including coordination of smooth and timely delivery of audit timeframes
- Provide suggested improvements to business processes following audit outcomes
- Track all audit outcomes to completion
To be successful you will have:
- 4 + years’ experience in a compliance, assurance or audit role (retail energy sector or other regulated industry will be well regarded)
- Proven experience implementing a compliance assurance framework
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of written reports for senior management or external regulatory bodies
- Proven ability to leverage collaborative outcomes across the business
- Strong attention to detail
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and possess the ability to liaise with and influence stakeholders at all levels
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let's spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 1st April 2020
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend