Senior Compliance Manager
Job no: 497103
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Retail Markets
- Champion a culture of compliance across the organisation
- Leadership role and senior member of the team
- Southbank Melbourne Location
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025.
We are currently seeking a highly driven, organised and experienced Senior Compliance Manager to join our Compliance team based in Melbourne. Reporting to Head of Retail Compliance, the Senior Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Retail Business understands its compliance obligations and has appropriate policies and procedures in place to mitigate against compliance risks. This role will also deliver best-practice compliance outcomes and be a reliable subject matter expert on the retail energy regulatory compliance framework. .
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of 4 compliance advisors.
- Advising on required changes to internal Compliance policies, procedures and systems in response to breach and compliance reporting and audits
- Support the Head of Retail Compliance to manage the ongoing compliance relationship with the regulators, including responding to inquiries queries and information requests. Ensuring accurate, clear and concise compliance advice is provided by the Compliance team
- Ensuring accurate, clear and concise compliance advice is provided by the Compliance team
- Assist with the preparation of regulator Compliance and Performance Reports
- Maintaining constructive internal stakeholder and external regulator and government relationships
- Working closely with General Managers in Retail to ensure compliant processes and procedures are in place and maintained
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 6 + years in a compliance, regulatory, legal or retail energy role in corporate or government
- Experience in the Energy sector, with a proven history of familiarity with legislation pertaining to retail energy, energy markets procedures and regulatory guidelines or similar.
- Experience in managing a team
- A strategic thinker with strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, including an ability to present ideas and information to key stakeholders and senior management
- Ability to offer an influential approach that ensures key outcomes are met
- Ability to clearly articulate messages and adapt complex information into simple messages
- An ability to efficiently diagnose and rectify issues
The ideal candidate will be a senior compliance professional, who is proactive, motivated and passionate about delivering best-practice compliance outcomes across the organisation.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let's spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 27th March 2020
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend