Job no: 497261
Work type: Max term - Full Time
Location: Perth, Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Legal & Regulatory, Retail Markets, Corporate Services
- Exciting opportunity for a compliance or legal professional
- Join a supportive transformational project team
- Flexible location - Melbourne, Sydney or Perth
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025.
We are looking for an experienced Regulatory Compliance Advisor to join our project team on a 12-month maximum term contract. Reporting to the Project Compliance Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to be the first point of contact for all Regulatory Compliance related project matters. The project involves the development and implementation of a brand new utility billing and CRM system for our large commercial and industrial (C&I), small to medium enterprises (SME}) and residential gas and electricity customers across the NEM and Western Australia.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide Regulatory Compliance advice on the development and implementation of new System and business process designs, to ensure compliance with energy regulations, codes and guidelines
- Assist the technical development teams with translating complex regulatory compliance obligations into technical system requirements
- Support the Process Owners and Business Analysts by providing clear and concise best practice advice, and sign off, on proposed business processes
- Provide advice and risk recommendations to the relevant Process Owners regarding regulatory compliance best practice
- Facilitate appropriate escalation and business sign off where risks are identified and accepted by Process Owners
- Assist in the maintenance of an accurate Risk/Decisions register to ensure visibility
- Ensure upcoming regulatory reform changes are understood and planned for by the project team, and participate in industry consultations as required, to ensure the projects long term strategic interests are in line with future reform.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of a compliance framework to ensure the appropriate controls and processes are in place to mitigate risks
- Assess and support the investigation and remediation of any potential compliance breaches
- Support business units in addressing trends and non-compliance issues and ensure agreed actions are implemented within timeframes
- Oversee the development and implementation of Regulatory Compliance performance reporting, in line with the relevant customer segmentation and jurisdictional code
To be successful you will have:
- Extensive experience in the Retail Energy sector with a proven history of familiarity with legislation pertaining to retail energy, energy markets procedures and regulatory guidelines and codes across the NEM
- Experience providing regulatory compliance support to business units, including to an executive audience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills, with a strong ability to influence outcomes
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to apply a balanced compliance and business lens
- Excellent at building rapport and working cooperatively with diverse groups
- Ability to simplify compliance complexity to facilitate understanding and support
- A demonstrated ability to work quickly, prioritise and achieve successful outcomes
- Proficiency in the use of with Microsoft Office Suite
- Enjoys being part of a high performing team, yet is able to be self-sufficient with the ability to work under minimal supervision and guidance
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic work ethic, wanting to make a difference with a lateral thinking approach
This is a great opportunity to be involved in a transformational and highly visible project. You will have the opportunity to work with key stakeholders across the project and be called on for your compliance expertise.
Let’s spread the positive energy together...
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend