Retail Energy Analyst
Job no: 497620
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology, Finance, Retail Markets, Merchant Energy, Corporate Services
- Visualise the financial performance of the business
- Unlock insights to drive results and reduce risk
- Permanent position based in Perth’s Raine Square
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
The purpose of this role is to analyse and communicate customer driven business trends and deliver actionable insights to support effective decision making across all retail markets.
Key output of your work will be models and dashboards that visualise the financial performance of the business to facilitate analysing drivers, sharing insights and supporting the management of the retail business to improve results and mitigate risks.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Analyse customer data to provide insights and highlight key areas for review, analysis and improvement
- Develop highly productive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Build and maintain complex models, profitability analysis and commercial business cases (with a clear focus on the assumptions) that support insights and recommendations
- Work with large data sets and synthesise using statistical methods and business understanding to deliver insights that contribute to achieving financial targets
- Analyse trends between actuals and forecast as the basis for working with the business to implement recommendations to deliver the plan
- Support activities to continually optimise and improve processes and performance
To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in data preparation and visualisation (SQL, Power BI, Tableau)
- Proven ability to identify strategic needs, leading to sound business recommendations
- Skills in presenting complex technical information in a way that all of your stakeholders (peers, management) will understand
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment at all levels across multiple locations
- Ability to clearly and concisely document the technical details of your work
- Relevant tertiary qualification in mathematics, IT/computer science, economics (or other relevant numeric discipline)
- Knowledge and experience working in energy markets, particularly the commercial aspects of electricity and gas retailing
- Previous experience in designing, building and deploying customer segmentation models
- Computer skills, particularly in relation to the development of financial forecasting and planning models, and advanced analytical techniques and tools R, Python and understanding of relational databases
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
- Full access to LinkedIn Learning
- Mentoring, training and development
Let spread the positive energy together…
Applications close 29th October 2021
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend