Job no: 497635
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Finance, Merchant Energy
- Permanent position based in Perth CBD
- Financial Performance Reporting within our Merchant Energy Business Unit
- Career progression, rewarding remuneration and benefits
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
We are looking for an Analyst to join our Merchant Energy Reporting team based in Perth. As the Analyst, you will be a key member of the team that provides financial analysis and reporting to help support decision making as Alinta Energy actively seeks to participate in the energy transition.
Reporting to the Manager Reporting, your role is critical to the success of preparing timely and robust information to assist the Merchant Energy leadership team to understand the business’ performance. You will also continue to develop your business partnering skills by providing actionable insights to support effective decision making.
Critical to the role’s success is the ability to develop positive relationships with senior business stakeholders fostering a team culture aligned to our One Alinta values. Success in this role will come from a passion to provide simple and effective information that shows a connection between financial information, Alinta’s strategy and the markets that we operate in.
To be successful you will have:
- Passion to participate in the Energy transformation
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Commerce, Business, Economics or Mathematics
- Member of a professional accounting and/or financial institution
- Demonstrated experience in a role requiring you to provide information to support decision making
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills and strong stakeholder management abilities working with colleagues at all levels across multiple locations
- Passion to analyse complex issues, make decisions, and create action, with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a complex and dynamic environment
- Oracle experience recommended
If you thrive on working in a fast paced and supportive environment, have exceptional relationship and stakeholder management skills, and would like a front row seat to participating in the Energy transition then please apply now!
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 24/09/21
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend