Job no: 497650
Work type: Max term - Part Time
Location: Any location, Perth, Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Group Risk, Retail Markets, Corporate Services
- Exciting opportunities for Compliance or legal professionals
- Various positions available - Part-Time and Full-Time opportunities
- Flexible Locations and Work from home options
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
We are currently looking for Compliance Advisors to join our project team on a maximum term contract. You will be the first point of contact for all Regulatory Compliance related project matters. The project involves the development and implementation of a brand-new utility billing and CRM system for our large commercial and industrial (C&I), small to medium enterprises (SME) and residential gas and electricity customers across the NEM and Western Australia.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
- Provide Regulatory Compliance advice on the development and implementation of new System and business process designs, to ensure compliance with energy regulations, codes and guidelines
- Assist the technical development teams with translating complex regulatory compliance obligations into technical system requirements
- Support the Process Owners and Business Analysts by providing clear and concise best practice advice, and sign off, on proposed business processes
- Facilitate appropriate escalation and business sign off where risks are identified and accepted by Process Owners
- Assist in the maintenance of an accurate Risk/Decisions register to ensure visibility
- Ensure upcoming regulatory reform changes are understood and planned for by the project team
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of a compliance framework to ensure the appropriate controls and processes are in place to mitigate risks
- Assess and support the investigation and remediation of any potential compliance breaches
- Support business units in addressing trends and non-compliance issues and ensure agreed actions are implemented within timeframes
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in the Energy sector with a proven history of familiarity with legislation
- Experience providing regulatory compliance support to business units, including to an executive audience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills, with a strong ability to influence outcomes
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to apply a balanced compliance and business lens
- Excellent at building rapport and working cooperatively with diverse groups
- Ability to simplify compliance complexity to facilitate understanding and support
- A demonstrated ability to work quickly, prioritise and achieve successful outcomes
- Proficiency in the use of with Microsoft Office Suite
- Enjoy being part of a high performing team, yet is able to be self-sufficient with the ability to work under minimal supervision and guidance
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic work ethic, wanting to make a difference with a lateral thinking approach
This is a great opportunity to be involved in a transformational and highly visible project. You will have the opportunity to work with key stakeholders across the project and be called on for your compliance expertise.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend