Job no: 497759
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: WA - Port Hedland
Categories: Labour & Trades, Merchant Energy
Plant Superintendent, Port Hedland Power Station
- Play a key role in our high-profile power generation business
- People and safety values-based culture
- Residential in Port Hedland, company housing provided
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
About the role: Power Generation is core to our business success. Reporting to the Operations Manager, Pilbara, this position leads coordination and planning of safe work at Port Hedland Power Station. You will manage operations and maintenance of the plant, maximising reliability and availability for our major customers. People matter at Alinta Energy, and the role demands a strong focus on leadership to drive a positive team culture.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead a culture of Zero Harm and environmental responsibility
- Deliver cost effective and efficient operations of plant and equipment
- Ensure power station complies with technical, regulatory, governance and community requirements
- Develop and deliver against annual work plan and planned outage goals and objectives
- Build and maintain productive internal and external relationships to facilitate successful operations & maintenance outcomes
- Ensure robust reporting frameworks are in place to assist decision making
- Lead and develop an effective and productive team
To be successful you will have:
- Relevant technical qualifications – electrical, instrumentation or mechanical
- Extensive management or supervision experience in the power generation industry
- Strong problem-solving skills to enable resolution of administrative, operational or maintenance issues
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to organise tasks by identifying priorities and allocating resources (financial, human and physical) appropriately
- Experience in contractor management and supervision for major outages
- Computer literacy and skilled in using MS Office
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced industry professional who is ready to manage an operational site. You will be a key Operations team member and assist in supporting Alinta Energy’s strategic direction through our exciting Pilbara expansion plans.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend