Retail Network Assurance Analyst
Job no: 497761
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Retail Markets
- Full Time Permanent position in Southbank
- Supportive Team with room to grow your career
- Develop your skills within our Retail Business Unit
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally. We are currently seeking a driven and experienced Network Assurance Analyst to join our Customer Operations team. You will support the team to ensure compliance and efficiency in the Network Assurance framework to maximise revenue and reduce costs. Reporting to the Senior Assurance Analyst, you will use your organisational skills to validate and analyse billing and network data to a high degree of accuracy, in a robust and efficient manner. Critical to the success of this role is being able to work effectively within in a team environment, combined with the ability to think analytically to challenge and suggest improvements to the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Use of Reconciliation tools and systems to optimise existing controls to maximise opportunities.
- Continual reviewing of existing processes and systems to drive proactive revenue and cost assurance
- Work closely with the Operations, Commercial and Sales teams to share insights and improve performance and margin
- Managing the day-to-day relationships with software vendors and network operators and ensure expectations are met
- Proactively support a continuous improvement culture in the interest of achieving the organisation's short and long-term goals.
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in commerce, economics, mathematics or other relevant numeric discipline
- Prior experience with reconciliation/revenue assurance functions
- Experience in performing settlements or transactional function and ability to analyse and interpret results and identify key issues
- Hands on experience in SQL, Excel and analytics tools
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn new skills
- Highly developed ability to work in a team environment and effectively prioritise workload
- Team player with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience within the Australian Gas & Electricity industry desirable
The ideal candidate will be proactive and motivated individual who has strong analytical skills and who is passionate about working with data and numbers to translate them into commercial insights. You will have the ability to gather, organise and analyse data to identify issues and trends, quickly diagnose root causes, recommend solutions, and drive the solution to completion.
If you are willing to learn and challenge the status quo, this is a great career opportunity to truly make an impact.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 27th of September 2021
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend