Job no: 497795
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: WA - Newman, WA - Regional
Categories: Merchant Energy
- Permanent full-time Position based in Newman
- Great Exposure to Cutting Edge Technology
- Genuine career pathway – We will improve your Skills
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Trades Assistant to join our Newman Power Station. Reporting to the Plant Superintendent, you’ll support our mechanical and electrical technicians with safe and efficient operations and maintenance activities. The position covers a diverse range of workshop duties and you’ll play an important role within a very supportive team to maximise reliability of the plant and availability of electricity supply to our customers.
- Proactively contribute to eliminate recordable injuries as part of the overall effort to achieve a zero harm workplace
- Assist in maintaining equipment in accordance with the Annual Work Plan
- Support reporting, investigation and troubleshooting of plant and equipment incidents
- Identify ways of saving operational costs and ensure effective and efficient work methods are used
- Manage inventory, deliveries and warehouse stock control
To be successful you’ll have:
- A significant maintenance work experience background
- High degree of mechanical or electrical aptitude (trade qualified is desirable, but not essential)
- Experience in workshop administration
- Experience with maintenance management systems (Ellipse, SAP etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- A current driver’s licence
- High risk, confined space, Dogging, Basic Rigging and forklift tickets are desirable
You’ll be required to work Monday-Friday, approximately 45 hours per week and will already be residing locally in Newman.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 25th of October 2021
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend