Retail Risk And Assurance Manager
Job no: 497827
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Any location
Categories: Group Risk, Retail Markets, Corporate Services
- Seeking a strategic leader who also enjoys “rolling up their sleeves”
- Grow the role and develop better solutions for the future
- This permanent position can be based anywhere in Australia
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
We are looking for an experienced risk and assurance professional to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis. Leading a small team, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the retail compliance assurance framework. This role will also manage, facilitate and assist to execute internal and external regulator and government audits, including the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) and Essential Services Commission (ESC) compliance audits.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Provide risk-based assurance advisory support to the Retail Markets business pillar
- Establish new processes and procedures
- Manage and execute internal audits
- Lead the bi-annual review of the critical Retail business risks
- Work with key stakeholders to design risk mitigation strategies & controls
- Assurance advisory support and testing
To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrated experience leading small teams with a collaborative style
- Significant experience in a senior risk, assurance or audit role within a regulated industry
- Proven experience developing and implementing a compliance assurance framework
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of written reports for senior leadership and external regulatory bodies
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Commercial awareness and an ability to develop and implement cost effective solutions
- Self-driven and results focussed with strong attention to detail
- Safety focused
- Audit and/or Assurance qualifications would be advantageous
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Risk and Assurance Manager who is looking to lead a small team in a supportive and professional environment.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 26th October 2021
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend