Audit and Assurance Advisor
Job no: 497869
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Legal & Regulatory, Group Risk
- Join a collaborative and dynamic team
- Seeking an internal audit and assurance expert
- Permanent Full-Time role - Melbourne or Sydney CBD based
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
About the role:
This is an excellent opportunity to support the Risk and Assurance Manager to design and deliver the Retail compliance assurance framework in line with organizational policies and regulatory standards. This role will also support and coordinate internal and external regulator and Government audits, including the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) and Essential Services Commission (ESC)compliance audits.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Support the design, implementation and execution of a Retail compliance assurance framework to ensure effective processes, procedures & controls are in place
- Provide assurance advisory and testing support, having regard to risk
- Action outcomes generated from audit and assurance activities, and work with the business to close out findings and remediation activities
- Provide meaningful reporting on assurance outcomes to key stakeholders
- Assist to execute internal audits
- Analyse outcomes and provide recommendations on recommended improvements
- Track all audit outcomes to completion in accordance with prescribed timeframes
- Assist with the bi-annual review of the Retail Markets business “top 10 risks
- Work with key stakeholders to design risk mitigation strategies and controls
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in both an assurance and internal audit role in a regulated industry
- Proven experience implementing a compliance assurance framework
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of written reports for senior management or external regulatory bodies
- Commercial awareness and an ability to develop and implement cost effective solutions
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to leverage collaborative outcomes across the business
- Self-driven and results focussed
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborative team player
- Safety focussed
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Audit and Assurance Advisor who is looking to join a supportive and professional environment within a fast paced and growing organisation.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions. Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend