Job no: 498083
Work type: Max term - Full Time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Any location
Categories: Information Technology
- Join a high performing and collaborative team environment
- Conduct a business architecture evaluation
- Hybrid working combining office-based and work from home
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focussed on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our Enterprise Solution Delivery team a 12-month maternity cover. Reporting to the Manager, Business Architecture, the successful applicant will play a critical role in Alinta’s implementation of procedural and technical changes arising from AEMO’s market reform projects and build and enhance Alinta’s vendor and proprietary products focusing on business, data, and technical aspects of the products.
- Identify, create, and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that each program adequately captures procedural and technical requirements and that delivery timeframes are consistent with industry milestone
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manage business relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up to date on project results.
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary level qualification in business, IT or similar
- Experience in the National Energy Market and the systems and procedures that underpin it
- Technical knowledge of requirements gathering, process documentation, project planning, testing methodologies, change management methodologies
- The ability to interpret large volumes of procedural documentation and translate them into business requirements
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to understand complex systems and data flows with little or no documentation
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst who is looking to lead a small team in a supportive, welcoming and professional environment. This role will be instrumental in conducting a business architecture evaluation and collaborating with project management and IT development teams to deliver the product and improve the architecture.
- Hybrid working arrangements for most roles, combining office-based and work from home
- Staff energy discount Offer (where products are available)
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Wellness programs including our Employee Assistance Program and free full access to the Headspace application
- Paid community volunteer leave
- Access to LinkedIn learning
- Discount program for a range of products and services
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid salary continuance insurance
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- Modern offices with free snacks, drinks and coffee
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions. Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces.
How to apply:
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend