Commercial Advisor - Trading and Portfolio Management
Job no: 496989
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Merchant Energy
- Exciting opportunity to manage the electricity supply portfolio
- Seeking a strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills
- Modern offices based in Perth CBD
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2025.
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Advisor to join our dynamic trading and portfolio management team on a permanent, full-time basis. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the purpose of the role is to manage the WA wholesale electricity portfolio and create value from existing generation and retail business units. Working within a small and dynamic team, your role will primarily have an external focus and you will also liaise internally with the analytical, regulation and the business development teams.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Setting the strategic direction of the electricity portfolio and ensuring the strategy is achieved
- Developing and managing key external wholesale counter party relationships with both wholesale generation and electricity retailing businesses in the SWIS
- Ensuring maximum capacity credit revenue is achieved for existing and new generation portfolio
- Providing wholesale electricity market products (both buy and sell) to suit customer requirements and support the generation business
- Assessing the internal and external environments in the electricity market to determine future energy access and transport requirements
- Identify any opportunities and threats and develop plans to mitigate risks
- Develop structured products, including but not limited to green PPAs, to suit customer requirements (either wholesale or retail) which support the west coast electricity portfolio position
- Develop knowledge of the key terms for critical contracts such as electricity/gas sales agreements (both internal & external); power purchase agreements (both internal & external); network access agreements; and derivatives contracts
- Deliver accurate, timely and responsive contract management support
- The role also provides analytical and planning support on electricity related issues
To be successful you will have:
- Exceptional external and internal networking skills
- Proven experience actively developing and maintaining relationships and networks of contacts internally and externally
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proven and extensive experience in the west coast energy market, particularly within the west coast wholesale electricity market
- Strategic, analytical and continuous improvement focus
- An achievement orientation and proactive approach
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business, commerce or other related discipline
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 21st February 2020.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend