Job no: 497048
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
- Sydney CBD Location
- Rewarding salary and bonus
- Bring your financial analysis expertise to a national focused position
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Analyst to join our Merchant Energy Financial Reporting team based in Sydney. As the Analyst you will be responsible for providing financial analysis and reporting to our Merchant Energy business, reporting into the Manager, Financial Reporting.
You will support the Merchant Energy team in the development of timely and robust reporting to assist the leadership team understand business performance and support effective decision making. This includes enhancing Board level reporting to ensure there is adequate transparency on key business issues. The role will require you to develop strong working relationships across the business, demonstrate an understanding of key business drivers and market factors to assist in the identification of risks / opportunities.
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar Financial Analyst/Reporting role
- A Relevant tertiary qualification in Commerce/Finance
- Member of a Professional Accounting or Financial Institution
- Previous experience in the Energy industry or within reporting roles
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the full range of management accounting activities, including general accounting, financial analysis and management reporting
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) along with the ability to engage with stakeholders at various levels
- Demonstrated ability to provide business insights and improvement opportunities
- Advanced reporting and PowerPoint skills, with the ability to present and collate data in a concise and clear manner
- Proven success at working in a results and solutions focused environment
If you thrive on working in a fast paced and supportive environment and have exceptional relationship and stakeholder management skills, then please apply now! This is an excellent opportunity for a pro-active and highly engaged Financial Analyst.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 28th February 2020.
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend