Senior Legal Manager, Retail
Job no: 497066
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Legal & Regulatory
- Gain exposure to a range of strategic matters that are forefront of the energy market
- Sydney CBD Location
- Permanent position with a national focus
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Legal Manager to join our Corporate Services team. Reporting to the General Counsel and Company Secretary, you will lead a small team of two Legal Advisors and provide legal support to our Retail business on a range of issues and strategic growth initiatives. You will be a key contributor across the Retail team and partner with senior stakeholders across the Retail business on all legal matters and key contracts. Responsibilities will include:
- General advisory work e.g. privacy law, competition law and contract law issues
- Providing advice to the Retail business on strategic growth initiatives
- Reviewing and advising on marketing promotional materials, customer communications and new products to market
- Providing general contract law advice on a broad range of commercial contracts, including agreements for the sale and supply of electricity/gas to retail and commercial customers, as well as marketing and sponsorship agreements
- Day to day management of direct reports to ensure oversight and guidance across a range of matters, whilst ensuring all matters are resolved in a timely and professional manner
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience (approx. 6 years +) with a major law firm or in-house counsel role
- A law degree admitted to practice in an Australian jurisdiction with current certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Australian Consumer Law
- Experience in managing other lawyers within a legal function
- Proven ability in transforming legal issues into workable solutions within a business context
- Excellent time management and the ability to work in an autonomous environment
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the business
- A passion to work closely with the business to achieve commercial objectives and a keen awareness of business strategy
- Experience in the energy industry will be viewed favourably
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Lawyer/Associate or Legal Manager who is looking to lead a small team in a supportive and professional environment. You will be a key member of the legal leadership team and have exposure and oversight to a diverse range of commercial matters.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let's spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 2nd March 2020.
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend