UX / UI Designer
Job no: 497490
Work type: Max term - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
- Play an integral role as part of the Digital Team
- 12 Months Max Term role based in Melbourne
- High performing and innovative team culture
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity available for a passionate and experienced UX/UI Designer to join our growing digital solutions team. This role has a focus on creating innovative digital experiences, incorporating visual and interaction design to help deliver an exceptional omnichannel experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build on our UI and interaction pattern library to evolve our design system
- Prototype, test and work closely with Front-end Developers
- Create UX artifacts such as customer journey maps, user flows, sketches, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Supporting the Retail business and Digital Marketing product owners in delivering the required customer experiences
- Work to ensure that solutions are WCAG accessible, flexible, and scalable.
- Contributing to the continuous evolution of the Digital platform in line with current technology
- Working as an active participant in an Agile delivery team
To be successful:
- Able to flesh out initial design concept from wireframe to low fidelity prototype, high fidelity prototype and then working prototype
- Strong understanding of UX research methodologies and the ability to translate these findings into lo-fi sketches, designs, and prototypes
- Knowledgeable about Design Thinking, Human-Centred design, and experienced in working in an agile UX environment
- Proven experience in translating user research and usability findings into iterative product solutions
- Strong understanding of interaction design
- Excellent facilitation, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with a flexible and open-minded approach to feedback. Willing to give and receive constructive feedback to iterate and improve designs
- Excellent working knowledge of design software (Figma, Sketch, Invision studio)
- Comfortable and confident in stakeholder management, and the facilitation of workshops and review sessions
- Experience working collaboratively in teams using Agile delivery methodology
Candidates with prior experience in the Energy industry would be highly regarded.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialing a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend