Job no: 497567
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Retail Markets
- Sydney- CBD Location
- Opportunity to make real impact in a fast paced and growing national energy business
- Play a critical role in locating and developing new business relationships
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
We are looking for an experienced Channel Manager to join our dynamic and dedicated Sales & Marketing team based in Sydney. Reporting to the East Coast Sales Manager, you will be responsible to deliver sales and strategic channel activities for the Alinta Energy Mass Market segment in the East Coast Market. Focusing on meeting our Gross Sales and Net Active targets with a compliance lens.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Proactively manage sales channels to meet sales, quality, cost and compliance targets.
- Develop and deliver sales and engagement strategies within the channel portfolio with focus on achieving and exceeding sales targets and KPIs
- Deliver reporting and analysis of performance across sales, service and compliance for each channel partner in your portfolio.
- Participate with and understand forecasting
- Monitor the market for competitor intel and report to the business
- Engage with customer service to deliver performance excellence for your channel and the customer
- Providing feedback and recommendations to improve processes and performance.
- Manage contract renewals and all due diligence processes to meet this obligation
- Work with the Quality and compliance teams to ensure channels meet compliance and quality targets and requirements
- Participate in the delivery of a strategic business plan for your channel portfolio
To be successful you will have:
- Proven experience establishing and operating sales channels in high volume consumer markets such as energy, telco and financial services
- Demonstration of delivering sales results against target
- Entrepreneurial mindset with evidence of innovative thinking to develop new initiatives for Channel Growth
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Exceptional relationship management experience, coupled with demonstrated experience in presenting to influence executive teams
- Experience working within highly regulated industries and an understanding of corporate consumer and privacy laws
- Highly competent in the use of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Click “APPLY” to submit your application
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend