Retail Credit Specialist
Job no: 497775
Work type: Max term - Full Time
Categories: Customer Service, Finance, Retail Markets
- 6-month contract with the possibility of extension
- Make your mark in our supportive Customer Operations team
- Combine your relationship and technical skills in this dynamic role
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
We are looking for an experienced Credit Specialist to join our dynamic Customer Operations team in Melbourne. Reporting to the Manager of Credit Vendors & Final Accounts, you will own end to end processes, manage relationships and reporting processes to ensure the business meets our Customer Experience expectations. You will be responsible for delivering outcomes for our East Coast Final Accounts, Mercantile referrals, Debt Sale accounts and management of Insolvency accounts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and preparing accounts for Mercantile referrals & Debt Sale
- Managing escalations & exceptions submitted by Mercantile Agencies and debt sale buyers
- Maintaining relationships and performance accountability with various third-party vendors
- Ensure Insolvent & Bankruptcy accounts are managed by the offshore team in a timely manner to mitigate any bad debt exposure
- Ensure all work instructions are documented in a timely manner including monthly reconciliation of vendor invoices
- Commercial negotiations to resolve any disputes
- Maintain strong cash flow positions by targeted campaigns to maximize recovery of overdue amounts to reduce exposure to bad debt
- Build strategies with internal & external stakeholders for the best outcome for the business
To be successful you will have:
- Prior experience as a Credit Specialist or in similar credit function
- Detailed understanding of credit management and collections techniques
- Proven track record of operational performance in a credit role
- Experience working with external agencies
- Understanding of the regulatory and commercial aspects of electricity and gas markets will be highly regarded
- Detailed knowledge of credit management techniques
- Strong communication & proven effectiveness in stakeholder management
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Credit Specialist who is looking for a 6-month opportunity to join our Customer Operations team. Bring your prior Credit experience to our team to help deliver on our customer experience in this dynamic role.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 20th September
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend