Job no: 497776
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Finance, Merchant Energy
- Partner with a business experiencing significant renewable energy growth
- Play a key role in capital project reporting and analysis
- Permanent full-time based in Perth CBD
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
About the role:
Reporting into the Manager Finance, Capital Projects we are looking for an experienced Financial Analyst to assist with capital allocation, project governance and financial forecasting activities related to capital expenditure for major projects within our Power Generation business. You will help drive the financial direction of capital investment by providing analysis and commentary to business stakeholders and senior management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and deliver transparent reporting to provide an understanding of capital activity, potential risks and assist with strategies to address issues
- Ensure robust reporting frameworks are established and maintained to assist decision making
- Work with project teams to ensure adequate project financial control is in place
- Create and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Understand and ensure business complies with regulatory and governance requirements
- Contribute towards a culture of Zero Harm and environmental responsibility
To be successful you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Accounting / Commerce / Finance
- Membership of a professional accounting and/or financial institution
- Capital forecasting skills and the ability to provide analysis and commentary
- Relevant experience in either financial and/or management accounting or analytical activities – including general accounting, financial analysis and reports
- A proactive, motivated and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Analyst who is looking to drive the financial direction of capital projects in a supportive and professional environment. You will be a key member of the Merchant Energy team and have exposure to a diverse range of commercial projects capital allocation, decision making and development.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend