Customer Service Functional Lead
Job no: 497802
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Customer Service, Retail Markets
- Bring your functional oversight to this customer-centric role
- Full Time Permanent position located in Southbank
- Key strategic position in our Customer Operations Unit
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
We are looking for a Customer Service Functional Lead to join our Customer Operations division in Melbourne. Reporting to the Manager of Customer Fulfilment and Service Operations, this key strategic role will have direct oversight of our Mass Market Customer Service lifecycle and related processes. You will be working closely with our service delivery functions to identify, implement, and track meaningful key performance metrics pertaining to customer service delivery. You will bring a strong understanding of technology to help identify and prioritise optimisation that drives improved customer, commercial and compliance outcomes. Responsibilities will include:
- Working in partnership with the Process and Platforms team to identify and explore process and technology solutions to deliver continual improvement
- Maintain a strong operational and strategic presence across the business by building effective and transparent relationships with key stakeholders
- Functional oversight and performance monitoring of front-line Customer Service teams including voice, correspondence, digital and social media channels
- Provide consistent reviewing of existing process to support a culture of compliance
- Reviewing Service Delivery KPI’s, SLA’s, and Quality Assurance analytics on a regular basis to identify key areas of focus
- Contribute to a culture of customer-centric thinking through working with key internal partnerships
To be successful you will have:
- Extensive experience in all delivery aspects of Customer Service Management or Frontline Operations within the energy, telco, banking or similar industries
- An up-to-date knowledge on current technology trends, experience working with IT to implement new technology
- A demonstrated understanding of an inbound and outbound service operations environment
- A commercial mindset focusing on business outcomes, strategic priorities and operational plans
- Proven experience in managing and implementing change through collaborative work with other business units
- Retail Energy experience highly desirable
- Experience in business transformation projects will be highly regarded
This is a great opportunity for any existing Customer Service Functional Lead or Customer Service / Call Centre Managers to help shape the future of our Customer Service operations at Alinta Energy. You will bring your outstanding communication, relationship building and commercial business skills to this key strategic position within our Customer Operations business.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend