- 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off roster from Perth or Newman
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Exciting opportunity for a qualified Electrical or Mechanical Tradesperson
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
About Newman Power Station:
The Newman Power Station is a 152MW plant located in the regional town of Newman in the Pilbara of Western Australia. The power station comprises of three GE Frame 6B turbines, one Siemens (Rolls Royce Trent WLE 60) turbine and a 36MW Battery Storage System which supplies power to the Roy Hill and FMG Mining Operations located approximately 123km NE of Newman along the Marble Bar Road via a 220kV transmission line.
We currently have a 60MW Solar Farm under commissioning and a 60MW Gas Reciprocating Engine expansion project, under construction
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Operations and Maintenance Technician (Mechanical or Electrical) to join our Newman Power Station team on a permanent, full-time basis, working a 2 week on, 2 week off roster FIFO from Perth or residential in Newman. Reporting to the Plant Superintendent, the primary objective of the role is to facilitate the safe and efficient operations and maintenance of the Power Station and associated Network. This is to maximize its reliability and availability for commercial operations to supply electricity to our customers. Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and operate equipment to ensure, availability and reliability of the generating plant
- Ensure all maintenance data is recorded and available for analysis and audit
- Report and Investigate plant and equipment incidents, troubleshoot, and develop action plans
- Contribute to the cost effective and efficient operations of plant and equipment by ensuring continuity of supply, contract electricity demand obligations are met, operational requirements are clearly communicated, and unit operating efficiencies are maintained within industry standards
- Complete all works and reports in accordance with all corporate and regulatory requirements
- Assist in the coordination and execution of the Annual Work Plan
- Be actively involved in Site Safety and contractor management
To be successful you will have:
- Relevant technical qualification – Mechanical or Electrical: Cert III or equivalent
- Previous Experience in a High Voltage environment, eg HV equipment switching and maintenance
- Gas turbine, Solar farm, gas reciprocating engine experience
- Control system experience eg. Honeywell, Experion, GE MkVI, Allen Bradley PLC (control logix)
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed fault-finding on complex machinery / systems
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, drawings and procedures
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a small and dedicated team
- “C” Class Driver’s Licence
- Forklift licence
- Computer literacy is a must and skilled in using the Microsoft Office suite of products
- People focused and a team player
- First aid and CPR certificate
- Working at heights, confined space entry and elevated work platform tickets are desirable
- A strong commitment to Safety
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.