• Are you a passionate Technical Writer looking to work on a large digital transformation program?
• An exciting opportunity to build on your technical writing experience in a positive and dynamic team
• 6 Month Max-Term role based in Melbourne or Sydney
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer for a 6 month full time contract who will research and understand the final operational and functional solutions being delivered through our transformation program to end users. Leveraging this knowledge, the Technical Writer will build detailed Work Instructions and Process Maps for user reference when solutions go live.
Responsibilities will include:
- Draft detailed Work Instructions incorporating standards and benchmarks as detailed in ‘Authoring Standards for Work Instructions’ document.
- Collaborate with other program members to confirm scope and detail associated with level 5 processes
- Work with Delivery Streams and experts to understand and document - within Work Instructions - any relevant procedure, compliance obligation or activity variation Draft End-User Process Maps in accordance with Alinta Energy requirements
To be successful you will have:
• Advanced ability to write clear and accurate instructions for effective system use. Attention to detail is key
• Proven stakeholder management capabilities
• Experience in a systems-oriented business and process analyst role
• Strong understanding of process architecture and business rules
• Proficient in business process modelling
• Proficient in devising logical, efficient steps to complete a system transaction
• Ability to contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within the team
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced technical writer to join a dynamic team who are working on a best-in-class transformation project.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
• Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
• Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
• Employee Referral Bonus
• Salary Packaging options
• Full access to Headspace Application
• Salary continuance insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Purchased leave
• Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions. Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces