Senior Digital Business Analyst
Job no: 497815
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
- Permanent Full-Time position with offices located in Southbank
- Join a high-performing Digital team that loves to collaborate and celebrate all successes, big and small
- Flexible working arrangements available
We are looking for an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join our growing Digital team in Melbourne. You will be part of an amazing team that is working on some very interesting transformation initiatives including a new customer self-service portal, integration with a brand-new billing solution, tools to enhance productivity of our back-end staff and uplifting our website experience using human-centered design practices. This role will assist with the delivery of a number of concurrent project features, BAU enhancements and incidents.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Business Analyst to lead the discovery of new features and initiatives, work closely with senior Business stakeholders and Product Owners, translate complex business requirements into teams backlog and collaborate with our Engineering teams to ensure successful delivery of outcomes through the execution phase. You will also be contributing to the continuous uplift and improvement in our BA community and broader delivery practices.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in our cross-functional Digital squads with ability to double up as Scrum Master or Product Owner as required
- Undertake discovery of new initiatives; and be able to solve complex business problems working with internal and external teams.
- Ability to educate key stakeholders and team members on agile practices (Scrum)
- Elaborate team backlogs: produce high quality epics and stories with acceptance criteria
- Proficient in using Jira to effectively manage the backlog and assisting Delivery Lead and Product Owners in regular reporting
- Facilitate workshops and develop strong stakeholder relationships, manage delivery expectations and regularly communicate
- Good understanding of human-centered design, UX/ UI, lean agile principles
- Exceptional communication, analytical and technical skills
To be successful you will have:
- Considerable experience working as senior or lead business analyst
- Experience of working in Utilities or Energy sector will be a bonus
- Demonstrated knowledge of business analyst procedures and practices in agile and waterfall environments
- Demonstrated Agile (Scrum) and Scrum Master experience
- Having a growth mindset and willingness to learn new things
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions. Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend